Windows 7 taskbar pinned items have disappeared

I recently shutdown my machine and when it came back on and I logged in, all of my pinned taskbar items were gone. I already checked in the pinned folder

(C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microso… Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar)

and all of my links are still there but they do not appear on the taskbar. I have tried opening a toolbar on the taskbar but to no avail. I really liked the pinned programs feature in Windows 7 and now I can't use them. =( If anyone knows what is going on then please help.

Thanks in advance.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Answer
Answer

Hi danduman2,

Follow the methods listed below to fix the issue:

Method 1:

The issue could occur if the pinned items get corrupted. You may delete the already pinned items and re-pin an item to the taskbar and check if that fixes the issue.

Delete the pinned items from the location below:

C:\Users\[User name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

Once you’ve deleted the older pinned items, you may re-pin a program to the taskbar

Method 2:

Create a new user account and check if the issue recurs in the newly created account.

If the issue does not persist in the new user account, it could indicate that your old user account is corrupted.

Access the link below and follow the steps to repair the corrupt user profile:

Fix a corrupted user profile

Hope this information helps.

Gokul - Microsoft Support

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

15 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 4, 2020 Views 93,518 Applies to: