My wife's laptop is stuck in safe mode. it originally came with vista home premium. recently purchased and installed windows 7. Not sure what she did, but I can't det it to come out of safe mode by restarting or shutting down. Should i reinstall windows
7 from the disk ?
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
Have you done a clean install or upgrade install?
I suggest you to follow these steps and check if it works:
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the search box.
2. Click on Boot, and in the boot option, check whether the safe boot is checked.
3. If it is checked, then please uncheck.
4. Then click on general, select Normal Startup.
5. Click on apply, then ok.
6. System prompts you to restart, please restart the system.
Let us know if you have any issues.
Thanks and Regards,
Azam - Microsoft Support.
5 people were helped by this reply
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.