Windows 7 service pack-1 installation fail

Dear SIR/ Madam,

My laptop is running on Guanine Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. I tried to download (automatic and manual as well) and install Windows 7 service pack- 1 (KB976932). Every time installation failed with the Error code: <ERROR_TIMEOUT(0x800705b4)>. I followed the suggestions through troubleshooting like temporarily or permanently disabling/ uninstalling anti virus/ security suite, disabling firewall, running command “fix problems with windows update” for automatic repair, and installing Microsoft Update Standalone Package (KB947821). In spite of all these efforts issue could not be resolved and I could not install Windows 7 SP- 1 yet. Every time the error code is same <ERROR_TIMEOUT(0x800705b4)>. Please help me.

With regards,

Vineet Kumar Goswami

Delhi, INDIA

Phone No. 0091-9818077684

Answer
Answer

Dear Sir,

Thanks for sparing your valuable time to answer my querry. What ever you have suggested, I have already tried but unfortunately, it could not workout, then only I posted my querry.

Further, I am glad to inform you that I have successfully ressolve the issue by editing servicies through "msconfig" command. Actually is was firewall of Microsoft Security Essentisal programme that was creating problem.

Thanks and regards,

Vineet Kumar Goswami

Regards,
Vineet Kumar Goswami
Delhi, India
Phone No. 0091-9818077684/ 9015992486

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 30, 2018 Views 9,487 Applies to: