Windows 7 Pro x64 rdbss.sys rdr file system causes Blue crash
About three days ago I started having BSOD crashes it always is related to RDR_FILE_SYSTEM or rdbss.sys. The research I have done all relates new hardware, I have install nothing, this is a laptop, not on usb either. I did install google earth and have
since uninstalled, system mechic has been uninstallled. Can't get thruogh a virus scan before it crashes. I need help.
a) Did you make any changes to your computer recently for this issue to occur?
b) Do you have security program installed on your computer?
Try performing SFC scan on the computer.
SFC /scannow is a super-useful command you can use in any Windows version. When the SFC (System File Checker) command is used with the /scannow switch, the tool will scan all of the important Windows files on your computer and replace them as necessary.
Missing and corrupt operating system files (like many DLL files) are arguably the biggest cause of major Windows issues. Considering that, plus the fact that SFC /scannnow is completely automatic and very easy to use, the tool should usually be one of your
first troubleshooting steps.
1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
[The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.]
A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time
3. If any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Win7 DVD for this process to continue
4. If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"
5. After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.
Check the below mentioned link for further guidance on SFC scan –
Step 1: you need to Disable automatic restart on system failure on your computer and note the error message you are receiving in the event viewer and you need to post back to us.
In order to do that you need to follow the below steps.
Right click Computer>>properties>>Advanced System Settings>>Advanced Tab>>Startup and Recovery Settings>> Uncheck Automatically restart.
Step 2: Here are few troubleshooting steps you could perform in order to resolve the issue
You need to perform a clean boot to identify the faulty or conflicting program on your computer. Clean Boot Troubleshooting.
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
User Account Control permission.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the
password, Or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
5. Click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts, check whether the problem is resolved.
If the issue is resolved check which third party program is causing the problem, referring the link given below: