Windows 7 Crashing Right After Login

Hey everyone,
I'm in quite the pickle and need some help. My laptop (Asus G73jh) keeps crashing after logging in to desktop with a blue screen. After it crashes it restarts automatically and when it launches normally again, it crashes just like before after login. I can run it in Safe Mode without problems. I just cant seem to solve the problem for the normal start up. All help will be greatly appriciated.

Hi,

1.      Did you check the issue status by logging onto other user account?

2.      Do you get any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message?

3.      Which antivirus application are you using on your computer?

4.      Were there any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?

This issue could be due to a third party program or service. Here are few methods that you may try in order to fix this issue.

Method 1: I would suggest you to place the computer in clean boot state in Safe mode and check.

Boot the computer into Safe mode and place the computer in clean boot state to isolate the issue.

To help troubleshoot error message, you can start Windows Vista or Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Note: To reset the computer to normal mode after troubleshooting, please follow “How to reset the computer to start as usual”from the above article.

Method 2: Perform System Restore and check.

If the issue is not fixed, perform system restore in Safe mode and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-is-System-Restore

Important: System Restore will not revert any of your non-system files like documents, email, music, etc. to a previous state. These types files are completely unaffected by System Restore. If your intention with this tool was to recover a deleted non-system file, try using a file recovery program instead of System Restore.

For more information, refer to the link.

What are the system recovery options in Windows 7?

If the issue persists or you have further questions on computer’s performance, please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Finally got to check the error:
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

I dont remember any major changes with my pc. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Are you able to start the computer in normal mode?

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code. Update the device drivers, this might fix the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-driver-hardware-isnt-working-properly#update-driver-hardware-isnt-working-properly=windows-7

Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 2, 2024 Views 1,924 Applies to: