Windows 7 crashing / locking up - no blue screen, no errors to debug, no hardware issues!

Hi

Running a desk top with windows 7 64bit - all most recent updates - and having a nightmare.

I boot the system up and it freezes either at the log in screen or shortly after logging in. I hit the restart button and same thing. This happens 2 or 3 times and then works without any issues.

I got a blue screen once and on debugging it said it could be a hardware issue. So I run Eurosofts PC Check on everything, including memory and nothing shows an error. I also have ran eurosofts checking tools from a windows environment - nothing. I've checked the system files, hard drives, the registry, everything I can think of. I've even reseated all hardware and still have the same issue......

Can anyone help as I'm hitting a brick wall here.

Running:

Windows 7 64bit home premium

amd phenom x4 955 @ stock (3.2 ghz)

8 gig crucial ballistics DDR3

Asus Crosshair Formula IV

Oh and I've update the BIOS and check all setting are correct there as well.

Thanks in advance!

Question Info

Last updated April 24, 2018 Views 2,635 Applies to:
Answer

Thanks Gerry, I'll check this out.

I actually managed to get rid of these events - I removed the drivers causing the issue from device manager and deleted the registry keys relating to them and then reinstalled my graphics drivers. I'm now getting another issues relating to my graphics drivers but hopefully it will be a one off!

System powered down for a bit now. I'll turn it on in an hour or so and see if the issue is resolved.

Thanks for your help so far. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.