windows 7 blue screen - error involves "irql" and "ndis.sys"

Please help! 

I have Windows 7 starter edition, which has been great until a couple of days ago.  I have the blue screen of death -- message says "driver irql not less or equal" -- it also says the error is with ndis.sys -- address 84B75/b02 base at 84B3F000, datestamp 4a5bbf58.  The "stop" info is:
0x000000D1 (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x84B75B02).

I can start in safe mode only -- no networking.  I have tried a system restore, which did not solve the problem -- none of the other "troubleshooters" will work. 

I did not recently install any new devices or drivers, although I did just install Trend Micro a few days ago.  Since that was the last change, I tried to uninstall it, but can't uninstall it in safe mode.

I'm not sure if this worked, but I copied the minidump file on a flash drive, and then uploaded to sky drive here:
http://cid-f1b95aba473bbb0a.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/020510-21543-01.zip

ANY help, ideas, etc. are GREATLY appreciated! 
Answer
Answer
The driver which appears to be causing the crash is the athr.sys.

The athr.sys is a driver for the wireless adapter.

In Safe Mode can you try disabling the wireless adapter by opening the Device Manager, expand Network Adapters, then right-click the wireless adapter and select "Disable".

Restart the computer and see if you can log into Normal Mode,

If so, uninstall Trend Micro, and afterwards try enabling the wireless adapter and see if the same blue screen occurs.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 24, 2017 Views 18,465 Applies to: