Windows 7 Action Center reports that Windows and McAfee virus protection & firewall are both turned off.

Original Title: Jlj1952

My Windows 7 Action Center reports that Windows and McAfee virus protection & firewall are both turned off. A scan of McAfee shows everything is working. Looking @ my control panel shows Microsoft firewall is on. Can someone tell me why I started getting these messages that no protection exists? Thank you.

Regards,

James

Answer
Answer

Hi James,

1. Have you made any changes to your computer?
2. Do you get any error message?

This issue could be related to Mcafee. Please temporarily disable Mcafee and check.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If issue does not persist, then there is definitely problem with Mcafee protection. In that case, Please contact Mcafee support for assistance.

Please reply with the results.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 13, 2018 Views 763 Applies to: