Windows 21h1: How can I make vEthernet (WSL) enrollment in Network Bridge persist?

Hi,

I'm using WSL2 in bridge mode with my ethernet adapter under Network Bridge so it has an IP address that's on my LAN's subnet. I set the network settings manually using the ip command and /etc/resolv.conf in WSL (I'm using Ubuntu).

It works fine, but every time I reboot, I have to go in and re-add "vEthernet (WSL)" to the network bridge.

Ethernet adapter persists under Network Bridge, but why not vEthernet (WSL)? Is there some way I can change this behavior of automatically disconnecting from the bridge every time I reboot?

I've tried:

Setting vEthernet (WSL) IP address manually through Network Connections

Disabling ICS (won't stay disabled)

Installing Hyper-V Network Manager - it broke things if I tried to run bridge mode, it appeared to be more committed to keeping WSL in a virtual network than the stock Windows network stack

Any recommendations much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to make vEthernet enrolment in Network Bridge in Windows Subsystem.

However, we do have a dedicated forum for issues/queries related to Windows Subsystem for Linux let me point you in the right direction. I would suggest you to post your query in Windows on Q&A, where we have support professionals to address your query.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 25, 2023 Views 3,103 Applies to: