Windows 11 update came and then disappeared

Yesterday,I got the option to update my laptop to windows 11. It was successful till 8% , then due to network interruptions, the update just disappeared. Now, I am not getting the updating option anymore. When will I get to download the update from the settings??

I don't want to download it from the installation assistant.

If the update didn't come back, try waiting for some days.

If it still doesn't come, you can use the installation assistant.

There's no harm is using the assistant. It does the same work as the update, just with a different interface.

You can get the installation assistant from here:

Download Windows 11 - Microsoft

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Good Day NibeditaDas,

My name is Carlo, I am also using Windows 11 pc and community member like you. Let us work together to sort this out.

Here's the steps you can try.

-Press Windows key + X
-Go to Settings
-Click Update and Security
-Click Troubleshooter then Additional troubleshooter.
-Look for Windows Update and run the troubleshooter.

Once done , go to this link and download the tool to reset the Windows Update Components.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/24742-reset...

After following those steps, restart your computer and try to check and install updates.

-Press Windows key + X
-Go to Settings
-Click Update and Security
-Check for Updates if the Update to Windows 11 will appear.

Updating in the Settings and using the Windows 11 Update Assistant are just the same there is no difference with those two.

I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,
Carlo T.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
*This is a public forum and I do not work for Microsoft nor do I have access to any user accounts. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have same problem that i was waiting to finish my work project then install windows 11 because i had it in my windows update but today i try to install win11 it is just gone, i tried everything mentioned here from you guys but no luck and tried 4 time this Win Assistant to install but it give error code 0x8007007f after 15% install so what i do to get this windows 11 ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That error code means that there were not enough permissions to complete the update, like insufficient storage, blocked by antivirus, etc.

Run the setup as administrator, manually. To do this, right click on the upgrade assistant file and click Run as administrator.

If that doesn't work:

Try restarting your PC and trying the update again.

Also, disconnect any external drives, mic, earphones or non-essential devices attached to the PC.

Temporarily disable any third party antivirus and make sure you have enough disk space. Also make sure that you have a stable and fast internet connection.

Refer this webpage for more information:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 30,853 Applies to: