Windows 11 started downloading automatically without permission

So, yesterday I installed Win 11 just to try it out. I reverted back to Win 10 an hour later. This morning when I booted up my PC. I get a windows update saying that Win 11 has started downloading. I couldn't stop it as an individual update. Now, I'm forced to install Win 11 again. Why the hell isn't there a stop option for a specific update instead of just pausing all of them? I don't want to revert back to Win 10 just to get the same issue again. What can I do to prevent it? I didn't use the insider programme to install Win 11. I got a notification saying my PC is eligible. I can't even sign out from the insider programme because of some API 2.0 error or something.

Answer
Answer
Hello, how are you?
My name is Paloma B., I am very happy to be able to try to help you in the best possible way.

I understand that you would not like to receive the Windows 11 update.

First you need to undo the update again to get back to Windows 10.

After that, please access the link below.

It will show you how to configure Windows 10 so that it is not upgraded to Windows 11 again.

https://www.howtogeek.com/765377/how-to-block-t...

This way it will no longer be upgraded to Windows 11 until you want to and undo the configuration.

I await news.

If these procedures helped you in any way, please click on "I solved my problem" and also mark as an answer, so you can help others users.

We will always be available for whatever you need!

----------
Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 9,784 Applies to: