Windows 11 Screensaver / Display Sleep functions not working

A few weeks ago, I can't remember exactly when it occurred (May have been after installing W11) my screensaver and display sleep functions just completely stopped working. I have tried every trick in the book. I have updated my BIOS and chipset drivers. Powercfg -requests shows an audio stream running from realtek, I tried overriding it but didn't solve anything. I confirmed every power option setting is correctly enabled. Basically I've spent extensive time googling and troubleshooting this to no avail.

The one thing that did fix it was running the DISM restore commands in CMD Prompt, however, it only works temporarily for the initial reboot after running that command, and then it stops working again if I reboot a 2nd time.

What can I do to fix this problem?

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Me too. This is such a major issue. I cannot believe there is no way to debug this. I have tried all the ideas in this thread. I even tried with windows rollback options. Powering down monitors, and disabling the screensaver worked fine in windows 10. I was going to try a complete Windows reset, but don't have much confidence that would do anything ether and it takes so much time to reinstall everything. Can someone from MS please help with this. Is there a debug mode to see if the daemons are running and what is blocking them from activating the screen saver?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm the same. Run everything in the thread. Still no screen saver or monitor sleep. Wasted so much time on this and with electricity prices as they are it is a very bad time for this to happen. I am using dual monitors as well. Please fix!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ditto and ditto. I give up. So, I tried a couple of Mac OS "hot corners" type apps for Win, and this one works fine with Win 10 and Win 11: WinXCorners — Hot Corners for Windows 10

And, it's free. There's no timer on it, so you have to manually move the mouse to a corner to start the SS. But, since the chances of MS fixing this are nill, it's better than nothing. <- That sounded like a snark against "WinXCorners" but wasn't meant to be: that is a wonderful program and thanks for making it winxcorners people. Okay bye now.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you!!!! :-)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I forgot to power off my PC this weekend before heading out to my cottage. Because of this issue which Microsoft still hasn't fixed, I now have OLED burn in on my $2000 monitor. Neither the screensaver, monitor sleep, or computer sleep functions kicked in (all of which were enabled, and I have tried every solution on this thread) Luckily I have a Dell so it should be covered by warranty but this is unacceptable there is still no response from Microsoft on this.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, that's partly what got me to post here earlier. I got permanent burn-in on a Wacom Cintiq display. Not covered under warranty, unfortunately. This bug caused permanent damage to my hardware.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've tried all the fixes prescribed in this thread and appreciate everyone's input. Unfortunately none of the prescriptions worked. Going on months of frustration I reviewed what apps were using my battery (screen saver issue happened both with battery and when plugged in) and noticed Adobe Creative Cloud using a lot of background resources. This app is set to open on startup. Well, I closed the program and unchecked "open at startup" and guess what, it solved the problem. So for those who can't fix the problem look at your programs running in the background.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Miaent, you're a genius! The amount of time I've wasted on this. I stopped Adobe Creative Cloud loading on startup as you suggested and bingo, everything back to working. Thank you for posting this. It is a great relief to have everything back working. So glad you stuck with it! Brilliant!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You are the winner for this thread for me. Creative cloud was the issue for me also. For others, you have to open the creative cloud app, click the lines in the upper left corner, choose file, then preferences. Turn off "launch on start up". Hopefully that works for others. Thanks MIAENT!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not the problem for me as I am not using this software. Makes me think it could be another software causing the issue however I still had the problem off a clean/fresh install of Windows before installing anything.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2024 Views 44,670 Applies to: