Windows 11 Pro ARM for Mac with M1

I'm currently running the latest Dev channel of Windows 11 ARM on a Mac with an M1 chip via Parallels. I want to switch to the Pre-release channel but am having trouble figuring out if there is even a Pre-release version of Windows 11 Pro ARM.

I've read that I have to do a clean install of Windows in order to switch channels, but not sure where to find said ARM Pre-release download. The only download I'm seeing in Insider is for Build 22533--which I believe is still a Dev channel build.

Follow up to this question is that my current Windows 11 ARM Dev channel build is activated. How do I transfer my key over to the Pre-release build (if there is one available)?

I'd even settle to move over to the Beta channel. Last two Dev builds have been too unstable for some programs I work in.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Kirby,
I am Sumit here to assist you with this question.

Microsoft Windows does not support M1 Mac devices. The ISOs are intended for Qualcomm CPUs and that too, only for evaluation purposes.

You would not be able to find ARM ISOs for stable channel officially. The 3rd party links are outside the scope of this forum.

Microsoft says that in the upcoming weeks Beta and Dev would be on the same Build so another option would be to switch channels then.

Hope that helps.
Sumit

Always include PC Specs, Make and Model of the device. Ensure all the latest quality updates have been installed. It may take multiple replies to reach a satisfactory answer.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, Sumit.

How will I know when the Beta and Dev will be on the same build? Will the Beta Channel option be enabled at that time under Windows Update > Windows Insider Program -- Choose your Insider settings? Is there anything else I need to be sure to do to ensure I can make the switch at the time it happens?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, thanks. The radio button would be enabled.

Check every week for Beta Channel Build Blog post. The information would be posted on the Blog itself:

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider

Microsoft said upcoming weeks, but no ETA as of now. Might be this week, or might be a month later.
Sumit

Always include PC Specs, Make and Model of the device. Ensure all the latest quality updates have been installed. It may take multiple replies to reach a satisfactory answer.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 25, 2024 Views 28,238 Applies to: