Windows 11 PC Health Check Results

Hello - I have 2 questions related to the Windows 11 Health Check. I would very much appreciate an answer to both, regardless of the answer to the 1st one.

Here goes:

I ran the Health Check, and my PC does not meet the requirements for 2 reasons.

My motherboard (Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra) does not support the TPM 2.0 protocol. It has a header for an add-on card, but they are not available for purchase  currently, and Secure Boot is currently disabled in BIOS.

My BIOS however, does support PTT.

Question 1 - If I enable PTT and Secure Boot in the BIOS, will that satisfy the requirements for the Health Check Utility and allow me to run Windows 11 ?

I have already seen a couple of Internet posts indicating that people have run the Health Check with PTT enabled and it works.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to question 2

My current configuration has EUFI Bios Enabled and Active, CSM Enabled, OS installed on an NVME drive on NTFS and a GPT partition structure.

In order to activate PTT and Secure Boot, I need to disable CSM in order for the options to appear in the BIOS. I have seen conflicting reports regarding Enabling or Disabling CSM on an existing system including possibly having to reinstall the OS.

Question 2 -  What will changing the CSM status do to my system in terms of the OS, booting to BIOS on restart, or accessing BIOS through UEFI ?

Thank You

Hello - I have 2 questions related to the Windows 11 Health Check. I would very much appreciate an answer to both, regardless of the answer to the 1st one.

Here goes:

I ran the Health Check, and my PC does not meet the requirements for 2 reasons.

My motherboard (Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra) does not support the TPM 2.0 protocol. It has a header for an add-on card, but they are not available for purchase  currently, and Secure Boot is currently disabled in BIOS.

My BIOS however, does support PTT.

Question 1 - If I enable PTT and Secure Boot in the BIOS, will that satisfy the requirements for the Health Check Utility and allow me to run Windows 11 ?

I have already seen a couple of Internet posts indicating that people have run the Health Check with PTT enabled and it works.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Likely yes. TPM 1.2 is mandatory which you have, 2.0 is recommended.

On to question 2

My current configuration has EUFI Bios Enabled and Active, CSM Enabled, OS installed on an NVME drive on NTFS and a GPT partition structure.

In order to activate PTT and Secure Boot, I need to disable CSM in order for the options to appear in the BIOS. I have seen conflicting reports regarding Enabling or Disabling CSM on an existing system including possibly having to reinstall the OS.

Question 2 -  What will changing the CSM status do to my system in terms of the OS, booting to BIOS on restart, or accessing BIOS through UEFI ?

Thank Youy

Likely yes too.

Mark Yes below the post if it helped or resolved your problem

Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not represent the views or opinions of Microsoft.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2022 Views 366 Applies to: