[Windows 11] Lock screen shows default lock screen image after powering on/restarting

I have no idea when it happened, but I noticed that my lock screen after powering on/restarting is on default always, I've did changed the lock screen and if I lock my laptop through [Win]+[L] it shows my custom image. I've tried using Dynamic Themes app from the store, but that didn't fixed it either. I really have no idea what would cause it to behave as such.

Answer
Answer
-Hi, my name is Claudeir, I'm happy to help you!
Go to Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen > Background, select Windows Featured. Restart the PC, go back to the settings and change the Wallpaper to your image. Restart the PC again and see if it is resolved.

If the problem persists, check your system files:
-Right click on start, run PowerShell(admin) or Command Prompt(admin)
Copy and paste the following command:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
and press Enter. (Note: This step may take a few minutes to start and up to 30 minutes to complete).
Once you see a message saying "The operation completed successfully", copy and paste this command:
Sfc /scannow
and press Enter.
Wait for a message that says "Verification 100% complete".
Then add this command:
chkdsk /f /r /b
Confirm with "Y" and restart your computer for this last step.

If necessary, test on a new user:
-New Administrator user account:
Your user profile is a set of settings that make your computer look and work the way you want it to. It contains your desktop background settings, screen savers, pointer preferences, sound settings and other features. Due to this variety, personal settings and changes caused by other programs can cause your user profile to be corrupted and your system to malfunction, hence the need for a new profile:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/cre...

If it solves the problem, you can transfer the data to the new user:
In the admin user you created, press Windows+R keys, type: %systemdrive%\users (in English and without spaces)
and click OK. Check the folder of your previous user and click with the left mouse button, it may take a while to process the data, in a few minutes access to your files will be released, select the folders you want to move, to copy Press them (CTRL+C), to cut them press (CTRL+X) and to paste them press (CTRL+V) in your new user.
After migrating your data, delete your previous user: Press Windows+R keys, type netplwiz and click Ok. Select your previous user and click Remove.

-Feel free to leave your opinion, marking as answered if the answer helped, or leaving more details so that we can continue the service, this is very important to us.
Graciously,

Claudeir
Claudeir

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 14,461 Applies to: