Windows 11 Cannot see shared folders in File Explorer under Network

I recently installed Windows 11 Home (v. 10.0.22000 Build 22000) on a 500 GB M.2 drive on my new computer called Win11.

Shared folders have appeared on occasion under Network in File Explorer but they disappear next time I open File Explorer. I can see a shared folder by typing \\Win11\Shared1 in File Explorer address bar but the shared folder is not visible under Network in File Explorer.

On my old machine Win10, I am running Windows 10 Pro. On that computer in File Explorer under Network I can see both the shares set up on Win10 machine and also the shares set up on Win11 machine. I can access them, copy to them etc.

I can set up shares, but they will not display consistently in File Explorer under Network.

I have run Sfc /scannow with no errors.

I have gone into Task Manager, Ended Process on Windows Explorer and ran Windows Explorer again.

Network Discovery and File sharing are setup since I can view the shares on the second computer on the network.

I have gone into Services.msc and set the following to automatic and started them all:

• Function Discovery Provider Host

• Function Discovery Resource Publication

• SSDP Discovery

• UPnP Device Host

Any help would be appreciated.

Answer
Answer

I recently upgraded to windows 11 and had the same issue as you are having.

My solution was to set the windows discovery and share files and printers off.

Restart the PC

Go back in and set the windows discovery and files and printers on and no password protection.

Restart the PC

Bingo my folders are seen on my windows 10 PC from my windows 11 pc

Hope this helps

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 24,904 Applies to: