Windows 10 Won't Activate With My Genuine Key(DreamSpark)

i got my genuine key in 2015 on dreamspark using my then school email. windows just started displaying that  "your windows is not activated" message a couple of months ago, i had no time to deal with it back then but now when i activate windows again with my genuine key, a key that i know for a fact that no one else has ever used, it says that it is not working.

i would use my school email that i used to get the key to activate if this is somehow the new requirement from Microsoft but i can not use my school email because it has long been dis-activated since i graduated in 2015. plus it has another domain that is not  microsoft affiliated so i cant even get past the email part of "activate with your email" option. 

now i could keep using this windows with the non activated watermark but the thing is windows crashes randomly and on the next boot its activated all of the sudden then it crashed again with blue screen moments later and back to non activated mode. and it fingers crossed it doesn't crash when i'm doing something important.

its a windows 10 education

Answer
Answer

Hi Aime,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Basically blue screen error is not caused due activation issues, it might be the issues with driver conflict or hardware issues. However we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below for blue screen error you are facing with.

1. Boot the computer in Safe Mode, to do so kindly refer to the Boot Windows 10 in Safe Mode.

2. Once you sign in to Windows press and hold Windows+X key on the keyboard.

3. Select Device Manager.

4. Look for Other devices and expand the same.

5. Check if there are any yellow exclamation mark on the drivers.

6. If yes, right click on the respective drivers and click on Update Driver Software.

You may go through below links for more details.

1. Troubleshoot blue screen errors

2. Bug Check 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

With regard to activation of your Windows kindly refer to the links mentioned below.

1. Why can't I activate Windows?

2. If you are getting any errors please go through Get help with Windows activation errors

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath H
Microsoft Community – Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 15, 2019 Views 198 Applies to: