Windows 10 Wi-FI direct automatically turning on...

Hello, I'd like some help regarding a feature on Windows 10. The Wi-Fi direct feature.... It automatically turns it self on when I enable my WiFI on my PC, even though I don't use it. i only use it for tethering my Wi-Fi to my Phone and TV as a Personal Hotspot connection.

I tried several ways to stop Wi-Fi direct from starting whenever...

1. I tried disabling the Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, by going to the Device Manager and disabling it. But it seems to have worked for a little while and, by further looking into it, there's another device named "Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter#3" and there already exists a "Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter#2" which has been disabled. Here is an image...

2. And apart from this I opened my Task Manager and saw that, it was running continously..

And last thing is that, it appears on my Phone Wi-Fi network...

Please let me know if there is a solution to fix this problem, and not letting the Wi-Fi Direct Feature automatically enabling it self and duplicating itself...

I have never faced this problem before hand, I think this started about a few days ago, when there was a Cumulative Update. :/

Answer
Answer
Hi, my name is Talita. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be glad help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that.
Please, initially go to the Start Menu> Settings> System> Designing this computer> and leave the option
"always off" on devices that can project on this computer.

Then go to Windows + R
In Run type ncpa.cpl and click OK
Right-click the Adapter and select Disable.

If the problem persists let me know

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Sincerely
Talita C.
talitacari

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 2,717 Applies to: