Windows 10 wakes from sleep after 2 hours

Whenever I sleep the computer, it wakes after a couple hours, though not at any regular interval and usually at an unusual timestamp such as 12:32.51 (i.e., not at 12:30.00). It is Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, build 18362.388, but all recent builds have had the same problem. 

• there are no wake timers (per `powercfg -waketimers`)
  • wake timers are disabled anyway
  • only the keyboard is allowed to wake the computer (network devices and mice are prohibited)
  • I have tried every solution proposed in this thread

The system log reports "unknown" reason for the wakeup every time. Please help, it's really becoming a problem!

Question Info

Last updated October 11, 2019 Views 10 Applies to:
Hi. ByronHawkins

My name is Anthony, an Independent Advisor trying to help.

In that case, despite the solutions already proposed by other colleagues in our community. I invite you to restore the device to the previous version of your device before the inconvenience occurs, returning to the previous version of Windows you can correct the fault you present in this case.

This can be useful if you have installed updates or programs that are causing problems. Follow the steps below to create a restore point.

1. Type Restore Point in the search box on the taskbar and press Enter.

2. Click Configure... and select Enable system protection.

3. Click Apply and select OK.

4. Select Create ... and enter a name for your restore point.

5. Click Create and choose Close to create the restore point.

Best Regards.
Anthony. -

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This has been a problem since I first installed Windows 10, so there is no restore point at which the system ever functioned correctly with regard to sleep. Please let me know if you have other suggestions. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you use a desktop or laptop computer?

For the desktop, let's try the following:

• Turn off the equipment and disconnect it from electrical power, first.

• Once this step is done, carefully remove the battery and RAM from the motherboard for 10 minutes, which feeds the BIOS and allows you to store the date and time information of the computer.

• This process eliminates the date and time of the computer's BIOS, which you must configure again when you turn on the computer.

• Connect the Memories and the battery again after the indicated time.

• Close the equipment carefully and proceed to turn it on.

• Configure the BIOS date and time information.

• Restart the computer.

You can try this, he will delete the information from the BIOS and thus remove the parameters that you have at bedtime.

If you are using a laptop, perform the same steps, but remove the battery from the laptop and the internal battery from the motherboard, the process is a bit more compiled for the motherboard battery since it is a little more hidden.

Finally, if this did not work, format the computer and install everything from scratch.

Sorry this didn't help.