Windows 10 Volume Lowers Itself

This has happened three times in the last few hours. I've been listening to music on itunes, when the volume will gradually mute itself. It's as though I'm holding down the lower volume button on my keyboard but I'm not. I have a usb keyboard, so I move it out of the way to see my actual laptop keyboard, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. My keyboard wasn't pressing on the button or anything. 

I can't raise the volume by just clicking the sound icon on the taskbar, I have to click the mute/unmute button on my laptops keyboard to turn the volume back on. If I don't when I try to use the sound icon, it will just scroll back to 0 sound as soon as I stop moving the slider. 

|

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Run Playing Audio troubleshooter:

If your computer is having problems playing sound, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings, your sound card or driver, and your speakers or headphones.

a) Press Windows key + X key and select Control Panel.

b) Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

c) In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

d) Click on Playing Audio troubleshooter"

e) Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

f) Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If issue still persists try method 2.

Method 2: You may refer the article given below and check if that helps.

Refer:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mediaq/2015/07/30/windows-10-audio-troubleshooting-tips/

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 15, 2021 Views 38,335 Applies to: