Windows 10 version 2004 "Your Device is not ready"

Any idea why this is? l am literally running a very modern £1600 PC with very modern hardware (approx 6 months old).

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,
there may be several reasons, including software incompatible with 2004, hardware without drivers for 2004 or incompatible with 2004 and so on. Is there any more detailed description?
------------------
if you'll find someone's post helpful, mark it as an answer and rate it please. This will help other users to find answers to their similar questions.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I think it's a bit disconcerting that we are told that we aren't "ready" without any diagnostic information whatsoever.  You aren't ready, but don't worry about it.....

I also am in the "We aren't ready" box, and I'd prefer to know what rule is being applied to me to put me in that bracket - even a code that can be looked up. It could be something I could resolve myself.....

Like the OP I have a high end PC, with all the latest drivers, so to be frank although not allowing me to bork my PC is awesome I'd quite like to know the issue....?

Edit - oh yes, I've already been to the page that lists the known issues and couldn't reconcile any of them, hence why knowing the issue with my build would be MORE than helpful?

Edit 2 - not looking for assistance per-se, rather Microsoft accepting that a "not yet" message isn't enough :o(

7 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Download the  windows update assistant and update your OS. Here's the link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/3159635/windows-10-update-assistant

This worked for me.

48 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have the same issue. My pc is not good, but everything works and all drivers are installed and on the current version. I would also like to know why my PC is not ready.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I does make a difference as to what computer you have.  I noticed there was a problem with Surface Pro 7 systems which had two internet adapters.  Something about during Modern Standby operations, one adapter would conflict with the other and cause Blue Screens.  It is funny, the system I got the not ready message on, was a modern standby system.

There is a list somewhere that shows the recent situations as to why you might get such a message.  I got it on one of my systems but decided to do a manual update which worked fine.  I cannot, of course, guarantee yours would work normally..

And I do agree that if Microsoft sees something it doesn't like, then it should be able to give you a clue what that was..

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Download the  windows update assistant and update your OS. Here's the link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/3159635/windows-10-update-assistant

This worked for me.

This worked for me as well. Thanks for your help.

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I think it's a bit disconcerting that we are told that we aren't "ready" without any diagnostic information whatsoever.  You aren't ready, but don't worry about it.....

I also am in the "We aren't ready" box, and I'd prefer to know what rule is being applied to me to put me in that bracket - even a code that can be looked up. It could be something I could resolve myself.....

Like the OP I have a high end PC, with all the latest drivers, so to be frank although not allowing me to bork my PC is awesome I'd quite like to know the issue....?

Edit - oh yes, I've already been to the page that lists the known issues and couldn't reconcile any of them, hence why knowing the issue with my build would be MORE than helpful?

Edit 2 - not looking for assistance per-se, rather Microsoft accepting that a "not yet" message isn't enough :o(

This is, again, a semantic  mishap! Microsoft states "Your machine is not ready" whereas the truth is, their update is not ready yet! They haven´t worked out yet a number of specifics like Realtek, Conexant or Intel Graphics components, many of them 'certified' and are causing death blue screens etc, so, the issues are theirs, not ours.

15 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

My problem is with Conexant. I went to the Device Manager and upgraded their drivers which seemed to take a little longer than usual on that function then restarted and the same "not ready" box still comes up. Guess I'll just have to wait a bit for them to clear the issue up.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have 2 Windows 10 machines. The 4 year old one just does not update - and no "you're not ready" message. The Surface Laptop 2 gets the "you're not ready message."

What it should say is, "We've discovered some errors and have delayed the release." And it should also say, "Do NOT us e the update assistant to force the update." Because doing this may result in your computer becoming dysfunctional.

And it would really help if the More Info link, actually had more information about what was happening.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I do not recommend updating now. Let's wait for at least a month. The update itself isn't ready yet and most of our computers have Conexant, Realtek, Intel Graphics and other incompatible components. Even if your computer can update, it is recommended for you to wait for a while if you don't want BSOD. I had to reset my computer after 1903 since the BSOD loops every five minutes and I do not want anyone to fall into that update trap again. (I use HP Elite X2 1012-G2 with 1909, which is full of Conexant, Realtek and Intel stuff.)

7 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 21, 2020 Views 18,616 Applies to: