Windows 10 v2004 keeps losing Sony TV Sound Device (sony x800) Nvidia High Definition Audio Device?

I have a sony x800 with nvidia 1080ti. For some reason, since going to 2004 version of win 10, i keep loosing the sound device in the listing. The only way to get it to come back is to pull the video cable and put it back in.

Has anyone ran into this and found a fix?

Im guessing its some issue with the win10 + the nvidia driver possibly (i think at one point i reinstalled the driver and without pulling the cable it was back for the one test).

Thanks in advance

|
Hi markm75g,

I'm Paul, a Microsoft Community Member, and a Windows expert. I hope I can help you with your concern.

1. Install the latest driver if you already have the latest but still having the problem try to rollback driver in Device Manager if it's available.

2. Run Device Troubleshooter,
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > click Additional Troubleshooter on the right pane > click Playing Audio > Run Troubleshooter.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi markm75g,

I'm Paul, a Microsoft Community Member, and a Windows expert. I hope I can help you with your concern.

1. Install the latest driver if you already have the latest but still having the problem try to rollback driver in Device Manager if it's available.

2. Run Device Troubleshooter,
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > click Additional Troubleshooter on the right pane > click Playing Audio > Run Troubleshooter.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.

Did all this to no avail.

Seems the only real fix is to disable Nvidia High Definition Audio Device, then reenable and it works again (same as pulling the hmdi).  I'm thinking some issue with the hdmi or hdmi to dp adapter combo(i think its on the dp adapter).

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 48 Applies to: