windows 10 upgrade for Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro

Hello!

I have updated my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro to Windows 10 and the screen is glitching, I have read some threads on that, and the best suggestion would be to update Intel Graphics Drivers, which I have done, however, the problem still persists. Apps do not cause problem as Task Manager is also flashing indicating it is drivers' fault though - strange as they are the newest version. Any other suggestions? Noticed that the most glitching happens when Google Chrome is in use, I have uninstalled and installed it, problem persists. If Google Chrome is not compatible with Windows 10, I am afraid I have to downgrade OS.

thanks 

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to try the following steps: 

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers

1. Right click on the Start menu.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Step 3: Check in compatibility mode.

Download the drivers from the manufacture's website for Windows 10, if not available.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
  2. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
  3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.
  4. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows (Steps applies to Windows 10)

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 5, 2024 Views 1,237 Applies to: