Windows 10 Upgrade Error - 0x80070004 - 0x2000D

Hi, when upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I am getting the following message: 0x80070004 - 0x2000D - The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.

I have tried the install over a dozen times now, using the MCT, an ISO, Windows Update. I have tried resetting Windows Update, removing all USB devices, upgrading all drivers and firmware. PC is an HP 800 Elite - Core2Duo - 4Gb RAM - 500Gb HDD. I have upgraded over 150 PCs on our domain with exactly the same build with no issues. The only software on it are printer drivers, Office 2016, MS Intune, Samsung Xchange, all of which upgraded fine on other PCs.

This PC was on a different domain previously, but I have removed all the old profiles from the disk and the registry, and I have run CCCleaner.

Out of the 150 PCs, I have only had 2 upgrade failures, just this one happens to be in the wet room of the factory, so I don't fancy having to go in there to do a clean install! Can anyone help?

Thanks, Dan.

Question Info

Last updated November 15, 2019 Views 650 Applies to:
This question is outside the scope of this site (for consumers) and to be sure you get the best (and quickest) answer it should be asked either on Technet (for IT Pro's) or MSDN (for developers)

If you give us a link to the new thread we can point some resources to it
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry this didn't help.

I saw and subscribed to both.  Have pinged the relevant resources.  Good Luck and Yell if you need help on TN
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Sorry this didn't help.