Windows 10 update stuck in 0%

I have a problem, i update the Windows and the bar stuck in 0% until now, I have tried Troubleshooting but it not worked .

I hope you guys have a solution to fix my problem ..

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand that the Windows update is stuck at 0% while updating. We will certainly help you with this.

We appreciate you for running the Windows update troubleshooter. Since, it didn’t work, let’s try with different methods to fix this.

Method 1: Reset Windows update components.

This issue might also occur due to corruption in Windows Update component files. I suggest you to reset Windows Update component. Kindly follow the below given steps.

Step 1: Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

Step 2: Stop the BITS service, the Windows Update service, and the Cryptographic service. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.
•net stop bits
•net stop wuauserv
•net stop appidsvc
•net stop cryptsvc

Step 3: Rename the software distribution folders backup copies. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.
•Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak
•Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak

Step 4: Restart the BITS service, the Windows Update service, and the Cryptographic service. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.
•net start bits
•net start wuauserv
•net start appidsvc
•net start cryptsvc

Step 5:  Restart your PC and check if it works this time when you try to update. 

If the issue persist, continue with method 2.

Method 2: Disable firewall and Antivirus temporarily and check.

Step 1: Disable Windows firewall.
 a) Press ‘Windows + W’.
 b) Type ‘Windows firewall’ and press enter.
 c) Select ‘Turn Windows firewall on or off’ and select ‘Turn off the Windows firewall’ for both ‘public network location settings’ and ‘private network location settings’.

Step 2: Disable Windows Defender.
 a) Press ‘Windows + W’.
 b) Type ‘Defender’ and press enter.
 c) Click on ‘settings’ tab and uncheck ‘Turn on real-time protection’.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this information helps you. Post us back with the results. We'll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Method 1 worked. Firstly, I had another problem that was when I restarted Windows, it stucked at prepearing to Configure Windows. Do not turn off your computer. As soon as I restarted the PC (hard reboot), I could log in again. Then, after I loged in, I tried to download and install Windows Updates. But they were also stuck at downloading 0%. At that point, I tried method 1 and it worked. So this could be the solution for both problems. Thanks!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please provide more information so that the cause of your problem may be diagnosed.

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after the computer has been booted.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type msinfo32 and click OK . Place the cursor on System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save. Files in the txt file format are preferred.Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. If the report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2024 Views 28,201 Applies to: