Windows 10 update failure A6210.sys RESTART

I have a optiplex 7010 Dell and I am trying to upgrade it from Windows 7 to windows 10 i have bought and downloaded the update but when i go to restart and update the computer i get this code.

”Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then you can restart. 

Stop Code : PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

What failed: A6210.sys

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive a Blue Screen error with A6210.sys with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

The PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA bug check has a value of 0x00000050. This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced. Typically the memory address is wrong or the memory address is pointing at freed memory. For more information, see Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

However, please let us know:

• How are you trying to upgrade to Windows 10?

• Do you have any third party anti-virus installed on the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors and see if that helps.

I would also suggest you to run a Windows Memory Diagnostic check on the computer to check test the memory installed on the computer. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.

2. Type mdsched and click on OK.

3. Click on Restart now and check for problems.

Alternatively, you can share the dump files so that we can analyze them and get to the root cause of the issue. To share the files Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump, upload the files to OneDrive and share the OneDrive link.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2024 Views 1,783 Applies to: