Windows 10 Theme not installing or applying.

This is the theme.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/earth-from-above-premium/9pflgjn5pj7d?activetab=pivot:overviewtab#

Windows Version 1903 (Build 18362.836)

Tried wsreset, logged out of store to try to re-acquire the theme.

Found that it had attempted to download the theme under:

C:\Users\***********\AppData\Local\Packages

However the folders were empty.  Rebooted, deleted that folder and attempted again and it wont try to re-acquire the file even when i "install on device" from the store.

So now the store insists I have this file, when my system clearly doesnt.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to install a Theme on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

I have tried to install the Theme on my computer and was successfully able to install it. Ideally, after installing the Theme, you can go to Start >> Settings >> Personalization >> Themes and click on the Theme to apply it.

However, if you do not see the Theme in the Settings page, it could be possible that the Theme is not installed properly. As you have already tried resetting Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to try re-registering it and see if that helps.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell (Admin).

2. Now type in the command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\\AppXManifest.xml”}

3. Restart the PC.

You can also create a new user account on the computer and check. Refer the article Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

I see that you are on 1903 build. However, the latest release of Windows 10 is 1909. You may want to keep your computer up to date and check. You can Get the Windows 10 November 2019 Update

Let us know how it goes. We will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Even after trying everything and updating to the latest version its the same.

In store the download complete and it won't reflect in theme section.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately that did not work.

By the way, my computer says its up to date, so I wouldnt have known 1909 existed had you not tried to suggest that as a potential reason the theme wouldnt work.

Why cant microsoft just provide an alternate download link instead of forcing us to use the store?  This issue stems from the store apps interaction between the site and our PC.  I know Im not the only one with this issue, specifically with this theme set in fact.  None of the other posts were resolved, which prompted me to open a new one.

Edit: your link to "Get the Windows 10 November Update" just directs me to a page that opens my settings... to check for updates... which just tells me Im up to date.... This perpetual cycle of app dependency is getting irritating.  I need DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINKS.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 11, 2023 Views 1,332 Applies to: