Windows 10 - temporary profile problem

Hi!

Problems started this evening. I normally started pc and logged in and then it said that "preparing Windows". Then I was logged on as temporary profile. Now I'm stuck as temporary profiles. I've tried to log out and back in over and over again and shutdown etc.

Please help, what can I do?

Hi

Had the same issue on several domain computers. You can solve this by restarting your computer true CMD

Shutdown /r /t 0 /F

Windows 10 doesn’t shut down completely with a normal boot. That’s also the reason a normal boot wont solve this problem

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I had a lot of clients who have the same problem.

Every time they try to connect they log on to a temporary profile.

They type their password, afterwards it says 'preparing Windows' and again temporary profile.

We already tried to recover the profile through regedit and adapt the .bak-profile at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList, but nothing works.

Also we tried to delete the last Windows Updates and rebooting the pc, but the problem remains.

Any solutions please?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Got this message from one of our software providers

We’re investigating reports that Bitdefender-powered Managed Antivirus is causing an issue which prevents users from logging into their local profiles. The issue has been raised with Bitdefender as a priority and we’re working with our partner to resolve the problem as soon as possible. A reboot will temporarily take care of the problem; however, the next scan will cause the issue to occur again. We’ll provide updates on our progress as we have new information to share.

We disabled the scheduled scanning until the problem is reported solved. Could you have a similar problem?

A normal restart won’t work for windows 10. Since it doesn’t completely shut down with a regular restart.

You can hold Shift while shutting down. Or use that command I wrote earlier. Then you'll have a complete shutdown.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2022 Views 1,949 Applies to: