Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen

When trying to open iTunes, i get an error that a .dll file is corrupted or something (can't remember the name). So, obviously, I try to reinstall iTunes, but I can only do it through Microsoft Store (first time I've used it). Everything works fine and I keep working on my computer, I shut it down. The next morning it stuck in the welcome screen.

This is the screen that i've been stuck in for the past 2 days:

Before you ask:

I have tried Startup Repair,

I've tried system restore,

I've tried going back to previous version

I've tried entering in safe mode (every option)

I removed all pluggable devices (mouse, keyboard, ethernet cable, etc)

I disabled fast startup feature from BIOS

... none of these options worked.

After doing some digging, I stumbled upon some commands to enter in command prompt to attempt to solve this:

sfc /scannow

chkdsk c: /f /r

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /scanos

bootrec /rebuildbcd

At this point, I feel the need to say that I'm in no way an expert at this, just a bloke who can type into google and hope for the best.

The thing that I found odd is that, after running the bootrec /scanos and bootrec /rebuildbcd commands, I get the message that 0 windows installations were detected.

So i type in diskpart, list vol and this is what it shows me:

The partition on which windows is installed is the 292 GB one. And, from what I've seen in different threads and videos, the label should be Win 10.

At this point, I do not know what to do or what the problem could be.

I am hesitant to reinstall windows because i have some apps with limited number of licenses.

Thank you!

Hi, hungriezombie

My name is Maritza and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Try entering Safe Mode with network function.
To trigger the Automatic Repair mode, you must interrupt the normal boot process three consecutive times: use the reset or the power button on your Windows 10 PC to stop it during boot, before it finishes loading Windows 10. If you use the power button, you might have to keep it pressed for at least 4 seconds to force the power off

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, Maritza,

Thank you for your reply.

As I said in my initial message, none of the safe mode options work. I get the same screen.

I triggered Automatic Repair, like you said, but that didn't work either.

But I think that my partitions might be mixed up/screwed up for some reason. I see that the log file from the filed automatic repair is in E:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\Srttrail.txt

The E partition was reserved for personal files, and the C partition was dedicated for windows and apps...

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 18, 2021 Views 87 Applies to: