Windows 10 stuck on "Hi, We're getting everything ready for you. This might take several minutes."

I am using windows 10 on Asus K541U, 6GB Ram, i5-7200U processor upto 3.18Ghz. Recently i noticed in task manager that cpu, memory and disk consumption is very high though no application/softwares are working. To solve this I followed several procedures mentioned in Microsoft discussion page and other websites, also i probably disabled some svhost.exe applications and now after giving restart the login page appears, after entering the password the following loop continues for hours together(i waited for 3hours): "Hi, We're getting everything ready for you. This might take several minutes" and desktop never appears. 
Answer
Answer

To resolve the issue about the Disk and CPU high usage, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to modify the registry. Please take note that the method, or task contains steps that might cause serious problems if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.

For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, kindly refer to the this article: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Step 1:

Open Cortana and search for  regedit then click Enter.

Step 2:

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management in the editor.

Step 3:

Look for ClearPageFileAtShutDown and change its value to 1.

Step 4:

Restart the computer and your CPU utilization should be back to normal.

Let us know how it goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 7, 2020 Views 3,061 Applies to: