Windows 10 Stuck At Login Screen With Spinning Circle

Before I begin, I was able to use my computer up until now.

I got home from work, and was able to log into my desktop computer. I was in the process of following some instructions on how to fix an issue with the Mail App. One of the instructions told me to disable Credential Manger, and Restart, and then after restarting, start Credential Manager again, and set it to automatic.

After I disabled, and restarted however, my computer has rendered itself unusable at this point. My computer presents itself with a spinning circle before login, and that's it. The option to login never shows up. I have left my computer on for more than an hour, and it's still sitting there with the spinning circle. The only thing I am able to do is Control Alt Delete, and show three options at the bottom of the screen, Connect to Internet, Ease of access, and Shut Down.

I have restarted, and I am still presenting with the spinning circle. Hours ago, my desktop computer was able to be used. Now, it is completely useless cause I can't even log in!

Someone PLEASE help me with this.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

It has been a while now from the actual post but still would like to share my knowledge regarding spinning circle. I`m having this problem all the time when updates are installed and laptop asks for reboot, but after trying several things I have figured out what cause that problem, basically if I remove my mouse USB stick and reboot laptop by using power button then everything runs normally again, after what I do reboot again so it just updates everything what it need to.

To be honest I did noticed that not only when updates comes out but even when I decided to rebuild my laptop using my manufacture build (Lenovo...) it took me for like a day and in the end got an error but I did everything again by removing all the attached USB stick and that solved the problem. I`m not for like 100% sure if that the case but always works for me.

Conclusion: If you rebuild or installing updates, remove USB sticks, all of them.

Hope that will help some.

784 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hello,

To provide you with better assistance regarding this issue, we recommend contacting our Answer Desk team. You can either call or chat with them using this link.

Let us know if you have further questions.

78 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 245,903 Applies to: