Windows 10 store download stuck?

Hello, all. I started downloading Gears of War 4 on my pc about 2 days ago, but the update was KIND OF stuck.

It wasn't really, stuck, but the display was. If I paused and started the download, it would update to the correct progress. Only today, this no longer worked. It was at 33.40GB/73.33GB and nothing at all would update the progress. So I tried restarting my PC, but that was a massive mistake. The progress bar highlights the amount of the game I previously downloaded, but the installation process is redownloading everything from the beginning. I tried Wsreset.exe, and nothing changed.

Even through all this, I still have my original problem. The progress doesn't visually update, and now I'm potentially back at square 1 with my download. What can I do to make it update the progress, and can I restore my progress on my previous download?

EDIT: Also, after running Wsreset.exe, my store now freezes for about 10-30 seconds every time I pause the download. It used to do it instantly.

Hello there,

check your internet connection. Also if you are in laptop is recommended to connect with an Ethernet cable. Try to download the game after a Windows Update.

That's all what I know.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello there,

check your internet connection. Also if you are in laptop is recommended to connect with an Ethernet cable. Try to download the game after a Windows Update.

That's all what I know.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Sadly, I've tried all of this, and nothing was fixed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ranger,

To resolve your concern regarding Windows Store and downloading Gears of War 4, you can run Windows app troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 15, 2022 Views 1,085 Applies to: