Windows 10 Shuts down by itself when playing games

So I was playing fine under windows 7

but under windows 10 about 2 min into playing MechWarrior Online my system just shuts down.. not restart.. shuts down.. no power, just off...

help
|

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

The issue could have occurred due to compatibility of the game with Windows 10. I checked in Windows Compatibility center and it says about the version 1 "status varies" which means depending upon system configuration, it is compatible.

As you've not mentioned the version, therefore we'll not be able to give you the complete information. I would suggest you to get in touch with the manufacturer and see if that helps.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

4 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Funny how you say that the game might have compatibility issues with Windows 10.  I was playing games included in my new Windows 10 download and my system shut down also. (Multiple times!)  I have had several shut downs during play on Candy Crush AND the Windows 10 offered games.  I was pretty happy until this started happening.  Any suggestions or should I go back to Windows 7 and call it a loss?

18 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

We are having the same issue with one of our 5 windows 10 computers when playing King games (like candy crush and farm hero saga) it just instantly shuts down. It starts back up normally. it does not act like it has had the power interrupted like a hardware thing. It just shuts down. Then starts right back up.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

No this does not answer my question...Why does the computer shut down after playing games for about 10 minutes...this includes the games that came with Windows 10.  I am really getting frustrated with this problem...

7 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
  2. Did you receive any error message?
  3. Did you install any third party security application?

I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, You could also place the computer in a Clean boot state and check if you are able to update the specific driver.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Applies to Windows 10

Disclaimer: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Mine is rebooting for the last few days in a game,windows 10 main screen or whenever it wants,I have scan for viruses and this seems to be a windows 10 issue...I just reinstalled it and now I have nothing but issues.temp is good so it leaves it to be a windows 10 issue..Let me know when and if you find a fix...thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been playing different types of games and Bingos and the computer shuts off the game and bingo but does not shut down the computer. How do I fix this?

5 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 25, 2021 Views 13,167 Applies to: