Windows 10 shows "Not connected - connections available", but I'm connected and the Internet is working

I have had this problem for a while now, and to put this in a perspective, it's like a conglomerate of problems, which all are related, and one cannot be resolved until the others are that I will soon explain.

Windows are showing that I'm not connected to the internet, which can be seen in the screenshot. (Note: It's not 5G Wi-fi, it's just named after the 5Ghz frequency.)

If I choose to connect through an Ethernet cable, it shows nothing better.

Oddly enough, I am connected to the Internet, everything works fine, from Chrome to Steam games. The problem is that when it comes to Microsoft apps, such as Settings, or other certain apps, they detect that there is no internet and "give up" doing something.

This brings me to my second problem, I can't fix some of the bugs in various programs, such as update drivers and so on.

I have previously described my problem here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/teams-are-not-detecting-my-mic-and-camera-at-first/0dba1582-2a25-4412-a9f6-630dfee27433

Before you recommend me to update my Windows version, take a look at this:

I can't even update the Windows to fix the damn problem, because Windows says I'm not connected to the internet.

I have tried resetting the network, all the basic cmd lines, such as "netsh winsock reset" or "ipconfig /release" and so on.

Therefore, dear Microsoft community, I ask you, whether I can do anything to fix this, apart from reinstalling Windows?

Answer
Answer

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 16, 2022 Views 64 Applies to: