Windows 10 Setting - System - About is missing Version & OS Build wording

I have a several PCs, one of which I upgraded last year and two I upgraded this year, all to Win 10 Home 64-bit.

The two PCs upgraded this year display Version & OS Build information, but the PC upgraded last year does not have those references.

I clicked "Change product key or upgrade your edition of windows", thinking maybe I was missing an update but the only option is to change product key. 

Don't have any updates waiting (up to date).

The Version & OS Build is not included in  the Control Panel - System display screen so it is of no help.

Is there some reason the two lines that display the Version & OS Build information is not displayed on the early upgrade?

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have this same issue also as of June 1st 2017.  I noticed I have lost some options under settings such as the Version and OS Build and the "Dark and Light" theme under personalization.  It happened after the infamous black screen which occurred after an update.  I've reinstalled three times with updates and still missing these Setting options.  I have verified that my product key has been activated.

This is the only post I have found on the web that is related.  This post is over a year old and no one from Microsoft has acknowledged it yet?

UPDATE:

Though not available for me as of June 1st 2017 via the traditional update process, I installed the "Creators Update" via the Microsoft site.  This has brought back all the missing options.  I really hope this helps anyone else with this issue.  

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Riiich, you would think after a year the System screen accessed via the Control Panel would be updated to show the information. It's as if the left hand (computer programming group) does not know what the right hand (phone/tablet programming group) is doing. 
Glad you got your problem solved.

BTW it appears to me that if you updated/upgraded your PC from any of these O/S vista -> Win 7 -> Win 8.1 -> Win 10 you sometimes get flaws at web sites. Its as if MSFT did not do a good registry clean doing the update/upgrade and some sites are testing for old O/S parameters first rather than new O/S parameter to old.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated April 30, 2021 Views 882 Applies to: