Windows 10 Security Sign In Pop-Up Preventing Log-in to WiFi

My daughter is away at college and is running Windows 10 on her new laptop (purchased just 3months today). She has suddenly been unable to log-in to her university's wifi due to this pop-up window (I thought it would be helpful to include the actual pop-up and I seem to be unable to control the size of the attachment, sorry :(

I sent her some suggestions that I googled and after troubleshooting with Windows Network Diagnostics, it concluded that there was a 'Problem with wireless adapter or access point' (not fixed) and a 'Network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken' (not fixed)

She went into Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections as suggested on one of the posts I had forwarded to her, but she was unable to right-click Ethernet connections to turn of the authentication option. That poster indicated that this ws a Windows 10 bug.

She also attempted phone support however Microsoft (I'm assuming she contacted legit support) wanted to charge her $116 at which time she said no thank you and hung up.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated to help resolve this. Thank you!

Hi Mary,

To help resolve your concern, kindly follow the troubleshooting steps created by Glenn Blake on this post.

Let us know how it goes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It is a windows 10 issue, not windows 7  that article is not applicable.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Mary,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern. Did your daughter tried to connect a different device to University's WiFi? This will help us isolate the issue.

You can check on this link to know more information on how to resolve network connection in Windows 10.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 1,982 Applies to: