Windows 10 rollaback error to previous version of Windows

Dear Microsoft,

Its been your most kind pleasure to use your best windows operating system in the world for absolutely no cost except the connectivity charges. But since I was too curious about upgrading to ur latest os, I've been experienced with a bug that was fixed later with Windows update. But since for more safer side, Microsoft had given its loyal users the option to roll back to their previous version of Windows, which is actually one of the best options which I've never seen in any of the operating systems. But when I roll back..Windows 10 is saying that some files are missing from the previous version of windows..Eventhough there's a folder named "Windows.old" which is some 15 GB and windows also says that your previous version of Windows files are already there in your PC with an option to roll back within one month of upgade....So please someone please help me to solve my problem to roll back to my my previous version of os..Windows 7 Professional.

Thank you for your kind support.

Regards,

Omair Sadiq (A Windows 10 Pro user).

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the article below and refer to the section ‘Go back to your previous version of Windows’ and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

If the above article does not help, I suggest you to follow e the methods below ad check if it helps:

Method 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update troubleshooter:

1. Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
  2. Select Troubleshooting.
  3. Select View all on the top left corner.
  4. Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
  6. Check if issue persists.

Method 2: SFC Scan

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Method 3: Deployment Image Service and Management Tool command (DISM)

By running this command we can retrieve or modify information within an image. To run the DISM command please follow the below steps:

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard and select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the list.
  2. Type “Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth” and press “Enter”.
  3. Wait for the command to execute which might take around 30 minutes.
  4. After the command is executed, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2018 Views 288 Applies to: