Windows 10 random freezes during Save as / Opening folders

Ok, so there was no so issue what so ever with these things ( even after updating to windows 10 ). The error started to appear after I deleted windows.old as I assumed it was no longer needed ( As system should use windows folder instead of windows.old ). After deleting saving for instance .pdf file, or trying to upload something to web, trying to save  picture ( from paint)  sometimes opening My computer. The dialog window freezes like for 1-2 minutes, which is very annoying. If I click on ( non responding ) window a coupe of times, explorer restarts. My personal data has changed a lot and apps during the last 3 days so I didn't really want to go and do backup. Any suggestions how to fix this problem?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest on Windows 10.

The system may froze if the system is not up to date/drivers are not up to date/if it contains virus or malware/if the disk drive space is very low (Drive where operating system is installed)

Please follow the below steps and check if you are able to fix the issue.

Step 1:I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue:
Follow the steps given below:
1. Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel
2. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
3. Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
4. Click on System maintenance.
5. Click on Advanced on the System maintenance dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
6. Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the System maintenance troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in Clean boot and check if it helps.

Follow the link to place your computer in Clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: To start the computer in normal mode refer the section, "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the link above.

Step 3: Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.
1. Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries.

Thank you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest on Windows 10.

The system may froze if the system is not up to date/drivers are not up to date/if it contains virus or malware/if the disk drive space is very low (Drive where operating system is installed)

Please follow the below steps and check if you are able to fix the issue.

Step 1:I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue:
Follow the steps given below:
1. Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel
2. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
3. Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
4. Click on System maintenance.
5. Click on Advanced on the System maintenance dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
6. Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the System maintenance troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in Clean boot and check if it helps.

Follow the link to place your computer in Clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: To start the computer in normal mode refer the section, "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the link above.

Step 3: Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.
1. Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries.

Thank you.

I've done all the steps, none of these did help. sfc scan found some problems which couldn't be fixed but they were language based. So am I left just to do clean restart...?

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Lukas,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to run the DISM tool and check if it helps.

1. On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow).
  2. Type “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” (Without quotes).

For more information about DISM click on the link below: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

If the issue still persists, suggest you to perform a System Restore by following the steps below:

1. In the login screen, hold the “Shift” key and click on power icon and click on Restart.
  2. Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
  3. Click on System Restore and follow the prompts to restore the system.

Hope the information is helpful.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

128 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

this is just another Failure from MS I have had this problem on 4 of my computers so I know its not what I have done  it the internal clock that make your computer crash so you have to buy another one that way MS can keep selling their flawed programs.

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 49,670 Applies to: