Windows 10 Pro

I did pay for a win 10 pro and get a confirmation in email. But there is no key to obtain it or any info how to get get it. I have download a clean installation of win 10 and hoped that there were digital license so would solve the problem. What in the hell Microsoft doing now, the only solution I can see after try to get some support from them and only meet a person so say I dont know are to go to The Police and report them for fraud 
Hello MagneJakobsen,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor.

When you purchase Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store, they won't issue you an actual key. It's going to be a digital license that is linked to your Microsoft Account. You'll just need to sign-in with that Microsoft Account to activate Windows 10 Pro.

If it's an upgrade, you can try to use the default Windows 10 Pro key: VK7JG - NPHTM - C97JM - 9MPGT - 3V66T.

Press Windows key + R to open Settings > Update & security > Activation > Change product key. Enter the default key to upgrade Windows 10 to Pro edition.

Once upgraded, run the activation troubleshooter:
https://support.microsoft.com/help/20527/
And make sure that your signed in with the MS Account you used to purchase for Windows 10 Pro.

You can also try activating Windows via phone:
1. Open Command prompt as Administrator.
2. Type command:

SLUI 4

3. Select your country.
4. You should see the phone number to contact.
5. Enter the installation ID when you are asked to.
6. Enter the confirmation ID given by the operator and click activate.

Kind regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

"If it's an upgrade, you can try to use the default Windows 10 Pro key: W269N - WFGWX - YVC9B - 4J6C9 - T83GX."

That given key is generic key for KMS activation. 

Generic key for Windows 10 Pro consumer version is VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/95922-generic-product-keys-install-windows-10-editions.html

Update = Replace old bugs with new ones.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are signed-in with the same account as you used to purchase Windows 10 Pro via the Store the upgrade should have happened after the purchase. You purchase the licence for the device you are signed in to.

Type winver in Search and select the top result to check what you have now. If it shows Enterprise edition then use the default Pro key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T in Settings > Update and security > Activation > Change product key.

Post back the result.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 23, 2024 Views 416 Applies to: