windows 10 pro, windows defender security center will not open

I have a clean install of widows 10 pro; The Windows Defender Security Center or any of the tabs Will Not Open.

the hourglass flashes like something should be happening, but nothing every happens; except the flashing hourglass.

Hi,

This article can help you

https://www.wintips.org/fix-windows-defender-ca...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,
I hope to help

Fresh Start lets you perform a clean reinstallation and update of Windows while keeping your personal data and most Windows settings intact. In some cases, a clean installation may improve your device's startup and shutdown experience, memory usage, Microsoft Store apps performance, browsing experience, and battery life.

To use Fresh Start, select Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Defender > Device performance & health. Under Fresh Start, select Additional info > Get Started.

You can check here for more help,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402660...

I'm attentive

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Mathew,

thank you for your reply.

This is a brand new clean install of windows pro.

It's a brand new MSI titan-071, I wiped it to get rid of any bloatware and unwanted stuff.

I installed a brand new clean install of Windows Pro.

then updated all widows drivers. Then went to make sure Widows Defender was "turned on".

When I click on Windows Defender Security Center or any of the Defender Tabs; such as Anti-Virus

the hourglass by the pointer starts turning like something should be happening but nothing ever does, it just keeps spinning.

I have to restart the computer to make the hourglass stop spinning. I have waited for 20-minutes before restarting.

Windows is turned on because it blocked an app I was trying to install but I cannot choose or change any options or manually run a scan.

I have not installed any other antivirus, malware or ransomware.

please help,  I am pulling my hair out

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,
I hope to help

Fresh Start lets you perform a clean reinstallation and update of Windows while keeping your personal data and most Windows settings intact. In some cases, a clean installation may improve your device's startup and shutdown experience, memory usage, Microsoft Store apps performance, browsing experience, and battery life.

To use Fresh Start, select Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Defender > Device performance & health. Under Fresh Start, select Additional info > Get Started.

You can check here for more help,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402660...

I'm attentive

thank you for your reply.

I have not installed any other antivirus, malware or ransomware.

This is a brand new clean install of windows pro.

It's a brand new MSI titan-071, I wiped it to get rid of any bloatware and unwanted stuff.

I installed a brand new clean install of Windows Pro.

then updated all widows drivers. Then went to make sure Widows Defender was "turned on".

When I click on Windows Defender Security Center or any of the Defender Tabs; such as Anti-Virus

the hourglass by the pointer starts turning like something should be happening but nothing ever does, it just keeps spinning.

I have to restart the computer to make the hourglass stop spinning. I have waited for 20-minutes before restarting.

Windows is turned on because it blocked an app I was trying to install but I cannot choose or change any options or manually run a scan.

please help,  I am pulling my hair out

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sumit

Always include PC Specs, Make and Model of the device. Ensure all the latest quality updates have been installed. It may take multiple replies to reach a satisfactory answer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 4, 2024 Views 1,393 Applies to: