Windows 10 Pro not activated when it was

I have 2 machines at work that say that windows 10 is not activated

both where originally installed with win 7 Pro and then upgraded to Win 10 a couple of years back [cannot be sure of the exact date but it was within the free upgrade time]

and had been running without issues since

both of these machines where successfully upgraded to 1809 [no issues there or with other machines that I upgraded in the time frame when it was available] .

this morning 8th Nov 2018 they popped up the windows is not activated icon and going though the activation troubleshooter I get We found a windows 10 Home digital licence for this device running windows 10 pro - they had never had home on them it was always pro as we're part of a domain.

they are currently activated against  out KMS server however they should be back as individual licences as we have only a limited number to use

is there an issue with the windows 10 licence server that has glitched for these 2 machines or am I going to get a rush of others dropping of activation...

Question Info

Last updated November 9, 2018 Views 431 Applies to:
Answer
Hi,
This is a known issue.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
The troubleshooter might say You have a Windows 10 Home license but you are running Windows 10 Pro. You are advised to ignore that message and wait for the fix.
Sumit
https://www.yourwindowsguide.com

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Hi Dave

If so, this is a known issue with the Microsoft Activation servers, you do not need to do anything, this matter will be resolved automatically

"
Microsoft has just released an Emerging issue announcement about current activation issue related to Pro edition recently. This happens in Japan, Korea, American and many other countries.I am very sorry to inform you that there is a temporary issue with Microsoft's activation server at the moment and some customers might experience this issue where Windows is displayed as not activated.
Our engineers are working tirelessly to resolve this issue and it is expected to be corrected within one to two business days.
"
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Power to the Developer!
Dell Precision M6800 - 17.3", Core i7, 16GB RAM, nVIdia Quadro, 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.