windows 10 printer HP laserjet Pro M252 problem after roll back from windows 11

hi,

I accidentally update to Windows 11. since no drag file to taskbar facility available, I did rollback to Windows 10. since then my printer (HP laserjet pro W252) got problem and can not print.

I check device manager, it shows that the device working properly and driver is updated. when I try to do test page print, error code appears:

"operation could not be completed (error 0x00000077)"

"the system does not support the command requested"

I try to uninstall the printer and install again, the problem exists.

I do downloaded HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.6.2. the printer is identified, when be analyzed it recommended to install newest driver that in fact already installed. the HP software fail to send printing test but success to send internal printing command.

I try to install new other printer, and it works. but my laserjet M252 problem still exist.

any solution would be very aprecciated.

thanks

far

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello AtdikbudKL,

Good day! I'm John and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Please try to install the Optional quality update KB5006738 as Microsoft recently release it to fix all outstanding printing issues affecting users.

Open Settings then select Update and Security
Download and Install "KB5006738"

Please check the link below for more details
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft...

Kindly let me know if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi John,

Thanks for your response.

I have installed KB5006738, however the problem still exist. the error code is same with before.

Regards,

atdik

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello AtdikbudKL,

Thank you for updating me with that information. I recommend to reinstall the printer then let me know how it goes.

If this does not work, Please try uninstalling the KB5006738 and KB5006670 updates.

Press Start then click Settings(Gear icon)
Select Update and Security > View update history
Click Uninstall Updates
Under Microsoft Windows, select KB5006738 and KB5006670 in the list then Click Uninstall
Wait for the update to uninstall
Restart your computer

Once uninstalled, I recommend using the “Show or Hide Updates” troubleshooter to hide the problematic update. Windows Update won’t install hidden updates. Run the troubleshooter then please try to hide the said update that will show in the list. You may try restarting your pc if it helps.

Unfortunately, the official download link for "Show or Hide Updates" troubleshooter has been broken or removed. You can safely download the "Show or Hide Updates Troubleshooter" in this alternative link.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8280-hide-s...

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello John, Thanks

I followed your procedure and found 2 HP usb updated succeed to be installed manually. however the problems still exist. when I check from device manager properties, it shows that "device install requested" (Device USBPRINT\Hewlett-PackardHP_Color_LaserJet_Pro_M252dw\8&5156cde&0&USB002 requires further installation.) Uninstall and re-installation don't solve the problem.

Kind regards,

atdik

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello AtdikbudKL,

I'm sorry, I'm running out of possible fix and solutions. Since this is an open forum, let's see if another community member has a better solution to the issue.

Stay safe always.

Kind regards,

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

-Hi, my name is Claudeir, I'm happy to help you!
Sorry, I've seen other similar cases of users who upgraded to Windows 11 and returned to Windows 10, doing this process with the printer connected, since then, the printer hasn't worked anymore.
I understand that you've already done several solutions, but I'll leave a complete guide to printer solutions so we don't skip any important steps:
-Solve printer/scanner problems:
Take the test and see if you solved the problem after each solution:
1-Make sure your printer is set as default:
Windows+R, type control printers and click Ok, right click on the printer, Set as default.

2-Reconnect the printer's USB cable and also restart your modem/router to restart the network. (If it is a network printer)

3-Let's restart the printing services:
Windows+X> open Command Prompt(admin) or PowerShell(admin), enter these commands:
net stop spooler
(press enter)
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\spooler /V Start /T REG_DWORD /D 2 /F
(press enter)
Net Localgroup Administrators NetworkService /add
(press enter)
sc config spooler start= auto
(press enter)
Wait to finish the procedure and restart the PC.

4- Windows+R, type: %windir%\system32\spool> press enter> delete the Printers folder> restart the PC and see if it solved.

5- Windows+X, open Device Manager > Printers and Imaging Device > Right click on Driver > Revert (if possible) Restart PC and test.

If nothing solves the problem, we will have to do a recovery keeping your files, (as was necessary with some other users who have gone through the same problem) it seems that there is some unexplained problem with some printers when upgrading to Windows 11 and back to Windows 10 , being necessary this recovery keeping your files.
Windows+i>update and security>recovery>start now.
You can keep your files.

-Feel free to leave your opinion, marking as answered if the answer helped, or leaving more details so that we can continue the service, this is very important to us.
Graciously,

Claudeir
Claudeir

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try running HP Print and Scan Doctor

Technician / Consultant

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks John,

Appreciate much for you kind response.

Keep healthy

Atdik

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Claudeir, thanks for you complete advise.

I did step by step of your procedure, but at the fifth step I could find driver tab on the M252 printer window. only generals, settings, details, and events tabs. at events still exist this message: Device USBPRINT\Hewlett-PackardHP_Color_LaserJet_Pro_M252dw\8&5156cde&0&USB002 requires further installation.

I will consider to do recovery for the last choice.

Best regards,

atdik

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

GTS-NJ,

thanks for your response.

I did use printscandoctor from the beginning. and always it says that I need to install new driver that in fact already installed. no test page print success, but can do internal print check.

Best regards,

atdik

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 8, 2024 Views 5,123 Applies to: