Windows 10 October update is no longer being provided by any of the methods

Hi all,

Microsoft has pulled Windows 10 version 1809 from the Software download page, Windows update and update assistant citing due to reports of lost files after the update.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4464619

Known issues updating to Windows 10, version 1809
Symptom Workaround

We have paused the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) for all users as we investigate isolated reports of users missing some files after updating.

If you have checked for updates and believe you have an issue, please contact us directly at +1-800-MICROSOFT or find a local number in your area https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers.

If you have access to a different PC, please contact us at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ (link will vary according to country of origin).

If you have manually downloaded the Windows 10 October 2018 Update installation media, please don’t install it and wait until new media is available.

We will provide an update when we resume rolling out the Windows 10 October 2018 Update tocustomers.

Update:

For the latest information on this issue please see John Cable's blog.

Discussion Info

Last updated October 20, 2018 Views 13,733 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What a complete mess Microsoft makes of these upgrades. Time to move past Windows to a OS way more stable and less frequently upgraded. 
Thanks a lot MS! I did install and downloaded it before any of this warning was available. I've lost all my files from My Documents, Pictures and videos! Now, every time I reboot my computer I lose all files over again! What tha hek! Push a fix asap!!!!

Thanks a lot MS! I did install and downloaded it before any of this warning was available. I've lost all my files from My Documents, Pictures and videos! Now, every time I reboot my computer I lose all files over again! What tha hek! Push a fix asap!!!!

I can't believe this! As much as I try to be conservative on my downloads I assumed that an MS download would be safe!!! ARGGGGHHH!!!!! FIX THIS MS!!! iI'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS! LOST EVERTHING! CAN'T REBOOT WITHOUT LOSING ALL THE FILES I WORKED ON A G A I N!!!!

I have no problems and upgraded 2 pcs. 
Thank you for that information Sumit. Can you enlighten us further regarding the reason(s) they have pulled the download, and their intentions in the short-term?
Wired & Retired Old Mig15 pilot.
While the UN’s ITU predicted half the world would be online in 2017, this 50/50 moment has been pushed back to 2019.
No problems here all went well, everything working, no files lost.
"...we investigate isolated reports of users missing some files after updating". Isolated? Some? Its a joke. I wouldn't moan if I would missing a few photos or Christmas carols but ... after updating I'm missing - SQL Server 2016 and all databases, SQL 2017 Server and all databases, backup databases. How you test your updates (please tell us) because its not possible to make so many mistakes every quarter. Who will be fined\sucked\named and shamed? Guys you should pay Apple to test your bunch of **** before you roll this out. If you can't provide us with quality updates you should let us choose if we want to update at all. If you are looking for alpha\beta testers pay for this do not treat us like ones. Most if not all new Xbox games are with bugs, most if not all Microsoft software are with bugs. I hope that someone in EU HQ lost some very important files and will fine you few billions. Have a nice day and stop employing cheap labour, invest in knowledge!

Hi Davy, 

I have managed to get some more information on this which I have added to the blog post. 

Sumit
Windows Insider MVP 2018 and Volunteer Moderator
So i've already installed a completely fresh install of the new 1809 Version since i got myself a SSD. 
Am i fine then or should i update again whenever you release the new stuff ? 

I don't encounter any issues since its a fresh install and didn't loose any data i backed up.

The October Windows 10 update crashed my PC with error code 0xc00000e9, a Windows error, unable to upload windows or my files. Had a blue screen with no ability to recover my files or system. PCWorld found the memory deleted from hard drive and had to replace my computer, only purchased on 17th August 2018.

Perhaps Microsoft need to own up to the problems it caused and provide some compensation for its users due to the unexpected and devasting results of their latest serious update.