Windows 10 not able to log in. Account is hacked

Hi Guys,

With my PC, someone has hacked it and kept the Microsoft Account password, which is not mine, and I don't know the password or username, hence I am unable to log in to windows. As I switch ON my PC, the windows 10 asks the password which I don't know and never set it.

Earlier, there was no password and it use to take me straight to the windows. Now it asks the password, does any one knows how to reset the password to log into windows 10. or any idea how can I reset?

Thanks!

Hello Asif,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

1. Are you using Microsoft Account to login to your system?
  2. Is your Microsoft user account got hacked?
  3. What exactly do you mean when you say " I don't know the password or username"?
  4. How exactly did you set up Windows 10?
  5. Did you upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?

If you are using Microsoft Account, I suggest you to login to your Microsoft Account from accounts.live.com an then change the password of the account. Follow the link for more information on how to change your Microsoft Account password.

How do I change my password? 

Why can't you sign in? 

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear Sangeeta, 

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes I have upgraded my computer from windows 7 to windows 10. During the setup I never setup any Microsoft account to sign in into windows.

All of the sudden next day when I switched ON my computer it had a password and username. Through which I am unable to log in my windows.

Yes I do have Microsoft Account which I never used on that computer. During the setup I left with no password required to log in. (But now it is asking me a password - which I don't know and I am trying to reset it)

My Microsoft account is absolutely not hacked but .. someone has hacked my computer and did password setup, which I am not able to reset it because its not my Microsoft Account.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Regards, 

Asif Awan

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Sangeeta, 

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes I have upgraded my computer from windows 7 to windows 10. During the setup I never setup any Microsoft account to sign in into windows.

All of the sudden next day when I switched ON my computer it had a password and username. Through which I am unable to log in my windows.

Yes I do have Microsoft Account which I never used on that computer. During the setup I left with no password required to log in. (But now it is asking me a password - which I don't know and I am trying to reset it)

My Microsoft account is absolutely not hacked but .. someone has hacked my computer and did password setup, which I am not able to reset it because its not my Microsoft Account.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Regards, 

Asif Awan

Still awaiting your reply.

If possible let me know how can I reset password (Not assigned by me, probably hacked), and log into windows 10.

Thanks, 

Asif Awan

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Asif,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us and I apologize for delay in responding. 

I would like to inform you that in this case the only option left is to reinstall Windows 10 again as you wont be able to reset the password.

I would suggest you to download an ISO image of Windows 10 and try to install again using the Media Creation tool.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Installation Media tool:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you very much, 

i will try to download with the media image a new windows 10.

Thanks, I hope there is no other solution as I have some data in it. 

Do you think that data will be lost?

Regards, 

Asif Awan

Hello Asif,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us and I apologize for delay in responding. 

I would like to inform you that in this case the only option left is to reinstall Windows 10 again as you wont be able to reset the password.

I would suggest you to download an ISO image of Windows 10 and try to install again using the Media Creation tool.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Installation Media tool:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Asif,

Thank you for getting back to us with your query.

We would like to inform you that reinstalling of Windows will make you loose all your data's as it will be a clean installation. You wont be bale to save your data's. Reinstalling will remove all your personal files, apps and drivers you installed, apps and customizations from your PC manufacturer, and changes you made to settings.

To reinstall Windows 10 follow the steps from the below link and refer to the section Use installation media to reinstall Windows 10:

Recovery options in Windows 10

Let us know if you need more information. We will assist you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Asif,

Thank you for getting back to us with your query.

We would like to inform you that reinstalling of Windows will make you loose all your data's as it will be a clean installation. You wont be bale to save your data's. Reinstalling will remove all your personal files, apps and drivers you installed, apps and customizations from your PC manufacturer, and changes you made to settings.

To reinstall Windows 10 follow the steps from the below link and refer to the section Use installation media to reinstall Windows 10:

Recovery options in Windows 10

Let us know if you need more information. We will assist you further.

Thank you.

Hi there again, 

I m reverting to you once again with the problem I am facing on the windows re-installation. I trust no one else can guide m better as this is Microsoft's product rectification.

I am not able to log into windows and stuck right there. Not sure how to proceed.

Please see attached and advise me step by step, I m a mechanical engineer not IT.

Thanks, 

Asif Awan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

As you unable to sign in to the PC.  I suggest you to go to mail.live.com and use gmail.com email account and type the password. if the password is incorrect, then reset it, to do so refer the below link.

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

Once you set up new password, then  sign into the account with new password and let us know whether they can log in to the PC or not.

Note :You need to perform above steps from different PC.

Further you may refer the below article and check.

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails. 

Get help with Windows 10 upgrade and installation errors:

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.             

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 21, 2024 Views 5,596 Applies to: