Windows 10 New User Account

Part of windows troubleshooting is to create a new user profile. This usually resolves user corruption issue or other issues on windows that is caused by user corruption. This Forum article walks you through Windows 10 User Account creation, transferring data from old user to new user and converting your Local Account into a Microsoft Account (if your previous account was a Microsoft account).

Additional Information

Here are instructions on how to create another account on your PC or someone else who doesn't have a Microsoft account/ or test account for troubleshooting. Note: Once you create a password for a local account, don't forget it—there is no way to recover a lost password for local account

1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC. For more Information, visit Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

2. For more information on how to switch from Local Account to Microsoft Account, please visit Sign in to a Microsoft account

Watch the Instructional Video with the step by step Windows 10 user account creation, data transfer and converting local account to a Microsoft Account.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/videoplayer/embed/RE1ZWJy

Was this article helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this article?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this article?

Thanks for your feedback.

The link I was sent to move apps, leads to a 404 page. So very poor service really.

5 people found this comment helpful

·

Was this comment helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this comment?

We apologize for the inconvenience. You must have clicked on the video right when we have moved to a different platform. It is working right now. 
Daniela

1 person found this comment helpful

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a hack of my account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I didin't do this. My last ww was lamemetrust64.Please renew My Google account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Sorry this didn't help.

Built new computer used a digital download of 10 for install, (no CD drive) have brand new never opened cd for windows 10 home, I opened it and says "error code 0xc004c060" BS India Microsoft support giving the run around now for 2 days why cant I get it to accept my never used keys!? 

Sorry this didn't help.

Forum Article Info

Last updated November 24, 2020 Views 3,936 Applies to: