Windows 10: Multiple issues after update.

Hi!

Acer Aspire ES1-731

Windows 10, Version 22H2, Build 19045.2251.

Updates yesterday (12/12):

KB5020030

KB5019959

(the OS is in French, some of the following error messages might not be 100% exact)

Multiple issues after updates. It started after installation of updates was complete and I restarted the device.

Network icon in taskbar is disappeared. Tried every recommended step, but nothing would work, it's gone.

Firewall in disabled. A notification is popping up all the time, but it's not possible to activate it.

In the control panel I get the following message: “Windows firewall does not use the recommanded settings”. When clicking on button “use recommended settings”, nothing happens.

In the advanced settings, I get an error code 0x6D9, with message “restart Windows Defender Firewall on your PC”.

When opening “services.msc”, the firewall is stopped. When trying to start it, error code 87, "Firewall cannot be started on your PC."

When opening "reliability history" (historique de fiabilité):

12/12

Each time I shut down laptop, it shows:

"Windows has not been shut down correctly."

"SystemSettingsBroker.exe : Operation stopped."

"UsoClient.exe: Operation stopped."

13/12

Apparently whenever I shut down or restart the device:

"Windows has not been shut down correctly."

"UsoClient.exe: Operation stopped."

"AbDocsDllLoaderMonitor.exe : Operation stopped." (only once)

"Settings: Operation stopped." (during a short period when it shut down by itself constantly)

Ran Systems File Checker. Some corrupted files have been repaired. Forgot where the report has been stored.

Ran DISM... RestoreHealth, but no specific message.

Uninstalled KB 5020030.

Uninstalled KB 5019959. Got the message “some updates have not been uninstalled correctly”. It is still there when I check the list of updates.

Tried also to restore the system to a point before yesterday 12/12, but three times it got stuck during the initialization process.

Ran again Systems File Checker, no issues reported this time.

Just ran a Defender offline scan, but apparently no results, at least there was no report.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Michael

(Replies from my side might take a little bit...)

Hello Michael.Hö, welcome to the Microsoft community, I'll be happy to help you today;

I understand that you are having some issues after the latest Windows 10 updates;

It looks like the system has many corrupted files;

I believe that the best option in this case is to reinstall Windows from scratch by formatting the disk during installation;

You will need a USB stick with more than 4GB;

Download the tool according to the installed Windows 10 architecture. On here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
Run the downloaded setup and click Create installation media for another computer;
Select the Language, then select the edition and architecture according to the installed Windows 10;
Connect the Pen Drive;
Click Next;
Select the USB Flash Drive option and click Next;
Click Finish;

Keep the flash drive connected to the PC and restart;
Start from the pendrive (Usually key F8,F10,F11 or F12, it will depend on the manufacturer);
The installation window will appear;
Follow the instructions until you reach "What kind of installation do you want?";
Select the Custom option;
Select the main drive and click Format;
Select the main drive and click Next to start the installation;

Note: It is recommended that you back up your personal files before performing this procedure;

After the installation is complete, make all pending updates on Windows Update and update all PC drivers by accessing the Acer website:
https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?search=Aspir...

You shouldn't have any problems now;

Hope it works, see you soon!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Luiz,

thank you very much for your support.

Your proposed solution sounds familiar, I performed that recently on someone else's laptop...

Just one question: I have my hard disk partitioned. Will the entire disk be formatted? Or would it be possible to just remove all my files from C to E, and then format only the main disk C ?

Thanks in advance, have a nice day

Michael

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear MichaelHay,I believe it is safer to copy your personal files to an external device or Cloud;

However, if you want, you can copy the files to E: and later format only the local disk C: during Windows installation;

See the advantages and disadvantages of having a disk partitioned in the link below:
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/partition-hard-dr...

Isenção de responsabilidade: Existem links para sites que não são da Microsoft. As páginas parecem fornecer informações precisas e seguras. Fique atento aos anúncios nos sites que podem anunciar produtos frequentemente classificados como PUP (Produtos Potencialmente Indesejados). Pesquise minuciosamente qualquer produto anunciado nos sites antes de decidir baixá-lo e instalá-lo.

Hope I helped, have a great day;

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Luiz,

thanks a lot, muito obrigado !

I'll get it done, one way or another.

Best regards

Michael

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear MichaelHay,you're welcome!

Hope it works;

Thanks see you soon!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 11, 2024 Views 152 Applies to: