Windows 10 missing Bluetooth power management tab

Intel Bluetooth's Power management tab disappeared in Device Manager. There used to be a checkbox in Intel Bluetooth where I could turn on power saving for bluetooth accessories. I want to check "Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power". Now my wireless mouse is disconnecting frequently, making the PC almost unusable. How do I get it back or has it moved? (Have latest 2004 update, bluetooth drivers is latest version 21.90.2.1)

Note: I created a new DWORD key named CsEnabled with hexadecimal value 0 in Regedit under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power & restarted, but that did not work. Hardware hasnt changed

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Patrick did you try to select the Bluetooth chip in device manager (in my case the Intel Wireless Bluetooth) and click on "view" in the top menu bar and then select "device by connection"?

So you can see the hierarchy.

I would do that, and see the devices which the chip depends on (in my case it's one of the two USB Root Hub which I have in device manager, and which then depends on one of the two Intel USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller, so I've deselected the evil option in their Power Management tab), and then in the devices which depend on the BT chip look for the mouse (in my case it's  inside the Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator) and see if the mouse itself has the evil option, and then see what depends on the mouse and hunt the evil option in all of that (in my case the Bluetooth Low Energy GATT thing).

By doing this I've solved the sleep/delay problem in my MX Master 3.

I do have other problems with it, unreliable wheels, but it might be a Logitech Options problem.

Cheers

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, nicely done !

I did not know the trick of 

1) first select 'Intel Wireless Bluetooth' from device manager

2) then select 'view by connection'.

This shows Intel Wireless Bluetooth under USB 3.0 eXtensible Host controller which I should un-check power management.

This is way much easier than I toggled the multiple USB 3.0/3.1 Host Controller and guessed blindly which one would work :)

Hope this will help Patrick's issue too.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is fantastic. I did not know about the "view by connection" option either. On my system my Bluetooth is indeed connected under USB Root Hub which I would have never guessed.

I just disabled power saving on the two parent USB devices and also on my Wireless/Bluetooth radio. So far I seem to be good, hoping this does the trick. Thanks so much for the tips you two. Maybe I can go on with enjoying my weekend now!

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"The bluetooth mouse is glitchy" - my second grade kid was complaining. They moved the power management tab and other articles referring to old location aren't helpful. This one helped me and made my kid happy. 

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks to you and everyone else on this thread! It's very frustrating having to be my own tech sleuth just to get a basic function to work, scouring the internet for answers from other users, with an absence of any authoritative sources for answers. Makes me want to swear off Windows forever and stick with Mac in hopes things run more smoothly. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Finally I got the solution.

Please install new hardware from your laptop official website.

Last time I have face same issue where my acer laptop  Bluetooth was not working. After so many tricks and videos from internet I have uninstalled the Bluetooth driver from my computer and install new one from my laptop official website for my respective model no.

Try this solution it will work.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had no power manager tab in there, but for me worked unchecking power manager box under "Generic USB hub" (it is the same folder - "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" - as wrote Zhongli007 ). Saved a lot of from my mental health, thanks! In my case it fixed coil noise issue in dell latitude e7240.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks so much for this advice and screen grabs! This seems to have solved the ussie with the mouse and the BT keyboard I have.  Reading on lots of people blaming the Aorus MB but not much detail, someone flagged it as a MS issue and gave the same advice, but going through the normal settings process before the update had changed everything and the Power Management tab is no longer there.

You're a Star!  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks a bunch.  Solved the issues I've been having with my wireless headphones cutting out/desyncing frequently and at short range.  I thought it was my Powerbeats Pro, but when the same thing happened to some old knock offs I also had, I knew the problem had to be deeper.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can't thank you enough - this was driving me mad! Especially since Bluetooth itself has no Power Tab.

Fixed my Logitech keyboard disconnecting, and my Sony headphones disconnecting.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 1, 2020 Views 12,756 Applies to: