Windows 10 Mail App Does NOT Print!

As many I have seen before me, I am unable to print using the Windows 10 Mail App.  I am hoping by posting directly with all of the details I will be able to get a valid response from Microsoft or someone who has found a legitimate workaround.  Any help would be appreciated!

I have a Gmail account as well as an IMAP mail account on my Windows 10 Mail App.  I have no trouble viewing emails but am unable to print any of them from the Mail App.  I am able to click on the three dots to expand the menu, click on Print, & the Print screen pops up.  My printer is shown as the default printer, all buttons are available & I am able to click "Print" BUT then nothing happens.  It never actually prints!!  

I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling my printer drivers to insure they are up to date, no help.

I have tried printing with my printer queue open, the document flickers briefly in the queue but never actually prints.

I have tried using the CTRL + P function instead with the same result, the Print screen appears, all buttons are functioning but the document never actually prints.

I am able to print from other programs & apps, the problem appears to only be in the Mail App.

I have the same problem whether I am printing from my Gmail or IMAP accounts within the Mail App.

I am able to copy & paste the email to Note & print from there with no trouble, again, I am only unable to print from within the Mail App.

On occasion, I can sometimes "trick" it into printing by changing the dropdown Pages option from the default All Pages to Current Page.  This will work sometimes but not always.

There is a problem with the Mail App.  Microsoft, please accept this & fix it!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Gwynasmommy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the printer?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

For the issue with mail app. I would recommend you to run app troubleshooter and check if this helps. Follow the below link to run app troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2.

I recommend you to run Printer troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue and fix it.

1. Type troubleshooting on the search bar and click on Troubleshooting.

2. Click on Troubleshooting and click on print on printer Hardware and Sound. 

3. Click on Advanced on the Printer troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

4. Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Printer troubleshooter 

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your quick response!  Neither of the suggested troubleshooting methods were able to find an error.  My printer is a Brother MFC-L2720DW if that helps any.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, 

Thank you for coming back to us with the information.

Since the above method did not help to fix the issue. I suggest you to un-install and re-install the mail client and check. Follow the below steps to un-install the app.

1. Type Windows in the search box and right click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

2. Type get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage on the PowerShell and hit Enter.

Once you are done un-installing the driver, you can install it again from Windows store.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the suggestion but even after uninstalling & reinstalling, I am still only able to sporadically print emails UNLESS I change it to print the Current Page, then it will usually print but when left on print All Pages, nothing happens.  There is an error somewhere in the programming, Microsoft needs to look into this.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I would like to check if the issue is account specific, I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue persists in the new account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Do let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Gwynasmommy is correct: the application IS faulty.  None of your supposed fixes works.  This is the usual MS story: get software out and only when you have an avalanche of complaints get it right, but never admit that there was a fault in the first place.

I'll keep using Live Mail 2012, a much better interface anyway.

31 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For me - this seems to be related to the message content type...

Plain text messages will print.

HTML messages WILL NOT print.

As a workaround-  I've been resorting to copying the message to the clipboard - PASTE TO WORD - and printing from there...

A pain - but at least I can now get a hardcopy if needed.

30 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The easiest workaround is simply to open the document in its original format (Gmail, yahoo mail, etc.) or in another email client such as Outlook or Live Mail. I keep my Gmail link on the Favorites bar in my browser so I can quickly open it when needed to print an HTML message.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If that works for you - great. ;-)       

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issues. I can print emails from Office Outlook or from the web UI, but not from within the Windows 10 Mail app.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 37,776 Applies to: