Windows 10 Mail: Advanced mail settings

I cannot receive or send emails because of the way that the Win 10 Mail app automatically sets up the accounts.

Why is there no way choose the ports, the authentication type, and other manual settings?

If I am going to use the Win 10 Mail app I am going to need to manually set the following options and i don't see any way to do that in the advanced settings of Win 10 Mail. These settings are not my idea or preference. My ISP requires them--no advanced settings, no mail.

A. incoming-POP

1. clear text authentication

2. use of port 995

B. Outgoing-SMTP

1. requires authentication

2. use of port 465

Can these advanced settings be made in windows 10 Mail or must I use another mail client?

If this is a deficiency in the design of Mail app, do you foresee a patch? Can you please let the developers know about it?

If there is some way to get Verizon mail with the W10 Mail app, can you tell me how?

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to change the ports, the authentication type and other settings of the Mail app on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Launch the Windows Mail app and navigate to Settings > Manage Accounts > Add account > Advanced

Setup > Internet email.

2. Enter the required credentials and sign in.

3. Follow the below steps to change settings for a particular account on Mail app.

4. Now navigate to Settings > Manage Accounts, click on the account.

5. Click on Change mailbox sync settings and Advanced mailbox settings.

6. Try entering the port numbers for the Incoming and Outgoing email server, check the authentication and other

settings on the menu.

Note: Back up the default Incoming email server and Outgoing email server port numbers so that you can change them to default, if you face any issue after changing the port numbers.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

50 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 29, 2024 Views 44,367 Applies to: