Windows 10 laptop won't connect to wifi unless I reboot

I recently purchased a Lenovo yoga pro with Windows 10 and ever since I got it I've had the same problem. When I open my laptop (I never shut it down just close the lid to sleep mode) it never connects to my wifi, it either has the no internet sign and my network IS detected or it detects ZERO networks. Once I restart it everything is working just fine, it shows all networks in the area and let's me connect to my own. I don't think it is a router issue since my other computer is connected 24/7 with no problems. Is this an operating system issue? What do I do? Having to restart my computer EVERY time I want to use it is really inconvenient. 
Answer
Answer

Hi Tammy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that you are unable to stay connected to the internet on your Windows 10 system. I'll certainly help you with this.

This may occur due to outdated or incompatible Network adapter on your computer. Let's try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Network troubleshooter and check if it helps. 

1. Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

2. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

3. Click on View all on the left navigation pane. 

4. Click on Network troubleshooter

5. Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

6. Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network troubleshooter.  

Method 2: Update Network Adapter drivers

I suggest you to Update the Windows 10 Drivers for the Network adapter and check if it help. Please refer this article “How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10” by one of the Community Moderator, Andre Da Costa to update the drivers.

Also refer the following Windows 10 Help article which contains various troubleshooting steps to fix network connection issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

98 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2024 Views 79,048 Applies to: